I found TEDxMidwest to be as inspiring, thought provoking, and engaging as the “original” TED conferences I’ve attended. Best of all, TEDxMidwest brings together lots of amazing people from Chicago and the connections are local and sustainable.
An Extraordinary Audience
Our past events included:
- 600+ CEOs, presidents and entrepreneurs
- 200+ Artists, scientists and non-profits
- 100+ Philanthropists and investors
- 60 Gifted inner city high school students and their teachers
- 20 MacArthur, Pulitzer, Nobel and other prize winners
At TEDx events, everyone talks to everyone—by design. Spreading ideas through conversation is an integral and hugely enjoyable part of the experience. Large color-coded badges, modeled on the ones used at TED, include discussion topics. Long breaks and meals between speaker sessions provide ample opportunity for people to get to know one another. TEDx organizers are also constantly making introductions, too. Prepare to share ideas!
In the spirit of TED, all speaker sessions for TEDxMidwest and TEDxYouth will be live-streamed free on the internet. Videos are posted later both on TEDxMidwest.com and on the TEDx YouTube channel.